Sunday, February 20, 2011

The ugliest romper in existence

Hahaha, I can't believe I'm posting these.  Don't say I never did anything for you! 

**Disclaimer - this will never be worn in public, EVER, and was only completed for purposes related to this blog. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

In real sewing news, I got a really good start on my knockoff Vogue 5510. I'm having reservations about the fabric, though. I had something really specific in mind, and Ebay and Etsy turned up nothing. This is quilting cotton from Joann's and it's only sort of what I envisioned, but I liked it well enough in the store. But when the lady at the cutting table asked what I was making, I lied and said "pillows". For some reason, I can never admit to anyone that I buy quilting cotton to make sundresses.

Here's what I've got so far.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

On to the skirt!

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! The ugliest romper, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally awesome for photographing that romper and sharing it with us. It's truly hilarious! Hideous, but you still manage to look cute in it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers